No bus? No problem!
With Club Scientific, we bring the field trip to you!
In-School Field Trips
Why do students and teachers love our In-School Field Trips?
- Hands-On Science! — All of our activities are hands-on projects, where each student gets to perform their own experiment!
- Aligned to FL State Science Standards! — Each theme has been aligned with a grade-level appropriate Florida Science Standard. Choose the theme that best fits your curriculum plan for this school year!
- We Come to You! — Don't worry about having to reserve a bus, because our trained Science Instructors bring everything straight to you!
- Take Home the Fun! — Each activity includes a Take-Home Item for students to continue discussion in class or at home!
How much does it cost?
- Our in-school field trips are an affordable alternative to traditional field trips!
- All in-school field trips are $10 per student, with a $300 minimum per day.
- Travel fees may be required for schools further away from our St. Johns County Office
(click here to see our office location on Google Maps)
- Schools 0-30 miles from our office: No travel fee
- Schools 31-40 miles from our office: $25 travel fee per day
- Schools 41-50 miles from our office: $35 travel fee per day
- We do not offer services to schools more than 50 miles from our office
How TO RESERVE YOUR FIELD TRIP
- Choose your project! — We offer two different In-School Field Trip options for each grade level. Pick your class's project from the "Project Options" tab!
- Book your date! — We book dates all throughout the school year, so check our Availability Calendar to see which dates work for your class
- Reserve space at your school! — Our in-school field trips typically include an entire grade level, and our instructors will either rotate between individual classrooms, or instruct combined classrooms in larger common spaces.
- Book your Field Trip! - Email Jacob at email@example.com with your preferred dates, project option, and estimated head count.
- Let's have fun! — Our trained instructors will lead your students through a 45 minute long set of hands-on activities. You won't want to miss it either, as our activities are just as fun for Teachers as they are for students!
- In-School Field Trips must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance of your scheduled date.
- We require a final headcount 1 week prior to our visit. This is to ensure that we can order and prepare the proper amount of materials for students and to ensure that we have an adequate amount of time to get an invoice sent to your school.
- Teacher(s) are expected to remain in the classroom while our activities are taking place to tend to basic classroom management of their students.
- We bring all of the necessary supplies, lead the activities, and our staff handles all clean-up!
- Club Scientific is an approved vendor with St. Johns County Schools, and is fully insured in accordance with district requirements.
- Our Club Scientific staff are all background checked through St Johns County School District and have current standing on the Jessica Lunsford List.
Kindergarten - 2nd Grade Projects
- Chemistry Creations
Students will measure, mix, and pour together ingredients to create some fun chemical reactions! We will make our own Slime and will create some ooey-gooey color-changing Instant Worms.
Take-Home Item: Bag-o-Slime
- Potions Lab
In this special set of activities, students will mix up some fun “potions”! We will work in partners as we measure and mix up an “Elephant Toothpaste” foamy reaction! Then we’ll create our own colorful Blob Tubes to take home! Students will even get to see a fun bubbly Dry Ice Demonstration!
Take-Home Item: Blob Tube Experiment
- Classification Lab
Students will compare and contrast different kinds of birds' bills and categorize pictures. After drawing/discussing the bills in each category, they will then compare the bill types with common household items.
Take-Home Item: Foam Bird Gliders.
- Sort it Out!
In this lesson, students will sort various physical items into designated categories: color, shape, size, and more! After each sorting activity, we discuss similarities and differences in the objects.
Take-Home Item: Sorting Activity Kit
- Sunshine Spectacular
Students will identify the beneficial and harmful properties of the Sun. They will make a special UV Bead Bracelet that changes colors in the sun as they learn about the effects of UV Rays and how to keep ourselves safe while having fun in the sun!
Take-Home Item: UV Bead Bracelet made during lesson
- Parts of Plants
Students will identify the major parts of plants, including stem, roots, leaves, and flowers as they assemble their own Root Observation Station.
Take-Home Item: Take-Home Item: Root Observation Station
- Magnetic Attractions
In this activity, students will see that magnets can be used to make some things move without touching them! We will explore different types of magnets and will make racecars race with magnetic forces!
Take-Home Item: Stone Magnet Set
- Rock Lab
Students will learn that Earth is made up of rocks. Rocks come in many sizes and shapes! Students will explore many types of rocks and minerals under a magnifying lens and discuss similarities and differences. Students will make a Rock Collection Card with some rocks to take home!
Take-Home Item: Rock Collection Card and Magnifying Lens Card
Third - FIFTH Grade PROJECTS
- Solar System Model
Students will learn that models are used to help understand and explain how things work. We will assemble our own Solar System Model that students will get to take home with them!
Take-Home Item: Air-dry clay model of planets in our Solar System
- Classification Lab
Students learn the principles of classification with a fun, hands-on group activity! Students will then work in small groups to identify the unique, distinguishing features of rubber fishing lures and to develop their own dichotomous keys for classifying the lures.
Take-Home Item: Classification Activity Kit
Students will identify the three categories of rocks: igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic. Students will explore many types of rocks and minerals under a magnifying lens and discuss similarities and differences. Students will make a Rock Collection Card with some rocks to take home!
Take-Home Item: Rock Collection Card and Magnifying Lens Card.
- Microscopic Investigations
Students will investigate how technology and tools help to extend the ability of humans to observe very small things and very large things. Students will use our Lab Microscopes and Handheld Microscopes to observe various materials up close, and will make a Monocular to observe things at a distance.
Take-Home Item: Monocular
- Water Cycle Lab
Students will create a model to explain the parts of the water cycle and will learn that water can be a gas, a liquid, or a solid and can go back and forth from one state to another.
Take-Home Item: Water Cycle Model
- Dissolve It!
Students will investigate and identify materials that will dissolve in water and those that will not and identify the conditions that will speed up or slow down the dissolving process.
Take-Home Item: Test Tube Experiment
- Contact Jacob at Club Scientific to discuss a custom project for your students! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 904-287-8603
The calendar below shows all dates available for in-school field trips, and is best viewed on a desktop PC.