Updated 8/10/2020 - New additions shown in redDear KidzArt, Club Scientific, and Robotics Families,During the last 8 years, our after-school classes and summer camps have served thousands of students each year. Working with children, safety has always been our #1 priority. During this difficult time, we will follow the latest guidelines on health and safety from the Centers for Disease Control, (CDC) and the Florida Department of Health. As a community, our main objective during this crisis is to "flatten the curve" and limit spread of the virus, and we are committed to making sure that we do not heighten the risk for any of our staff, our students, or their families during this time.As we all work together towards ending this pandemic, we want to make sure everyone is aware of how the various limitations on social gatherings are currently impacting our classes, camps, and other product offerings. Information on possible "Virtual Classes" is also provided below.
How our current programs are being affected:
2020-21 School Year After-School Classes in St. Johns County (KidzArt, Club Scientific, and Robotics)
- After discussions with our school administrators, our staff, and some customer families, we have decided that we will NOT be holding on-campus classes at the schools until January.
- As you can imagine, this was a very difficult decision. Many of our schools had already decided not to allow after-school enrichment classes for the first 6 - 9 weeks, and the remaining schools had made it clear that our classes were at risk of being cancelled if extenuating circumstances arose.
- So in order to minimize the amount of uncertainty for our staff and students, our in-person KidzArt, Club Scientific, and Robotics classes will ONLY be offered at our US-1 Studio/Lab for the first semester of the school year.
- We are very optimistic that we should be able to return to the schools in January, and hope to open registration for January-May in-school sessions sometime in late August or early September.
- In the meantime, our Studio/Lab classes will be starting the week after Labor Day (September 8th), and will have the same hands-on activities and 1-on-1 attention that your children have come to love! 😁 We can't wait to show you our newest lessons! Below are links to each of the programs!
- There is a possibility that we may offer some Virtual classes this Fall as well. We are currently assessing our options, and we hope to be able to make some announcements soon!
In-School Field Trips
- In-School Field Trips WILL be offered this Fall, with modifications to ensure the safety of students and staff!
- Take a look at our In-School Field Trip options, and then call our office to schedule your In-School Field Trip today!
- All camps this summer will be operating with new health and safety requirements in place, including: Maximum of 9 students per classroom, 6 ft spacing for all desks, face masks required for all staff and parents, increased hand washing, and rigorous cleaning of common surfaces. If your child is enrolled for the summer, please check your email for a document detailing all of the COVID-19 specific Safety Modifications which are being performed.
- Thanks to our strict safety precautions, we do not foresee any cancellations of the US-1 Lab half-day camps or Waypoint full-day camps. Even if Florida were to revert to "Phase One" of re-opening, our camps would still meet all CDC and FL Dept of Health guidelines for child-care; however if anything changes and your child's spot is affected, we will contact you directly to discuss your options.
- If we are unable to hold our camps for any reason, all accounts will be credited the full amount paid for camp. The credits can be used for any future camp, class, or birthday party, and may be refunded back to your credit card if requested.
- Until the limitations on social gatherings are lifted, we will not be able to offer our mobile party package.
- Customers who have already put down a deposit on their child's party have the option of either being refunded or rescheduling their child's party.
- Please contact our office to receive your refund or reschedule.